Composites and blade construction
Materials, tools and equipment
Lighting protection system
Grinding and sanding skills
Laminate repairs and filling
Trailing and leading edge repairs
Sandwich and bond line repairs
GWO Blade Repair Training by Altitec Academy
GWO blade repair course delegates are able to perform and document blade inspection. Repair work in accordance with work instruction within the following dimensions:
- Trailing edge repairs up to 1.5m
- Leading edge repairs up to 1.5m
- Laminate repairs down to core material
- Core material replacement up to 200cm²
- Surface repair to paint and gelcoat
Course delegates will have a foundation of skills to complete repairs to damage on the blade surface, trailing edge, leading edge, sandwich panel and bond line.
The GWO blade repair training course is intended as an entry level course and therefore the delegate will not be expected to perform repairs in major structural elements of blades like spars, spar caps and carbon fibre.
GWO Basic Safety Training modules by MCL - UK
The GWO Basic Safety Training is divided into the following five Modules:
- First Aid module aims to administer safe and effective First Aid in the wind turbine industry/ WTG environment, in accordance with GWO First Aid training through theoretical and practical training.
- Manual Handling module aims to encourage positive Manual Handling behaviour and train delegates ability to perform Manual Handling tasks in a safe manner in the wind turbine industry/environment.
- Fire Awareness aim of this course is to give the delegates the basic knowledge and skills through theoretical and practical training.
- Working at Heights module shall give the participants the necessary basic knowledge and skills through theoretical and practical training to use basic PPE and perform safe work at heights and safe and comprehensive basic rescue from heights in a remote wind turbine environment in accordance with BST Module Working at Heights.
- Sea Survival course aims course are, by theoretical and practical training to give the participants the basic knowledge and skills to act safely and take the correct preventive actions in all aspects of offshore operations from shore to installation vessel or WTG and vice versa, both during normal operation and in an emergency in an offshore wind energy environment.