Safety Inspections of Wind Turbine Towers
Inspection of towers and rotor blades is a key aspect of a wind energy conditional maintenance programme, according to European standards. We inspect, document, and prepare assessments of the condition of equipment.
This inspection informs ongoing maintenance strategies to keep wind energy systems performing to specification, ensure maximum safety and availability and increase the lifetime of individual components and the system as a whole.
We develop custom maintenance strategies in cooperation with operators, manufacturers, and other service companies.
Our wind turbine tower safety inspections include:
- Inspections of turbine tower surfaces – internal and external
- Tower flange corrosion inspections
- Torque control of tower bolts
- Safety inspection of internal ladder and fall arrest systems
- Periodic tests of lifting equipment according to manufacturer’s requirements