Module 2 – Composite Rotor Blade Repair Training
Entry requirement: Completion of RUK Awareness & Basic Blade Inspection and Repair (BRAI)
Altitec’s Composite Rotor Blade Repair Training is a 5-day course, following on from Module 1, that teaches the fundamentals of blade repair off the ground. Completion of the course enables participants to carry out rotor blade repairs at a basic level as a Rotor Blade Technician, opening the door to further on-site training with a blade repair firm.
Actsafe Ascender end-user training is included in this training module.
The training focuses on hand-on practical work, in combination with the theory that underpins it. Topics and procedures covered include:
- Practical training based on theoretical background
- Gelcoat and top coat damage repairs
- Composite blade matrix laminations
- Damage on Leading and Trailing edges
- Blade repair reporting
- Actsafe Ascender end-user training